All Flights depart from Darwin 7 Murphy Road, in the General Aviation area of Darwin Airport.
No single item of baggage or freight can weigh over 15 kg.
Prior arrangements must be made with the Fly Tiwi staff for baggage or freight between 15 - 30 kg. A $50 surcharge will apply.
Items over 30 kg will be refused.
Carry On Baggage
For the safety of passengers regulations prohibit the carriage of more than one handbag or package per person in the aircraft cabin. The maximum allowable dimensions of the handbag or package are 40cm x 30cm x 23cm. Passengers may also take other small items such as an overcoat and an umbrella into the aircraft cabin. The total weight of all carry-on baggage of each passenger must not exceed 3kg.
To prevent delays during check-in please present all items of baggage at the check-in counter.
The free checked baggage allowance is 15kg per person. Additional baggage over 15kg may be carried by paying Excess Baggage Rates. In order to obtain the full benefit of the free baggage allowance, families and other passengers travelling as a party on the same aircraft to a common destination may pool their baggage. While every effort will be made to carry all baggage, due to weight and space limitations Fly Tiwi cannot guarantee all items will travel on the same aircraft as the departing passenger.
Closes 30 Minutes prior to departure.
Credit Card Payments
When paying by credit card a 2.2% surcharge is payable on the ticketed amount. Surcharge fees are not refundable.
Fly Tiwi will only accept MasterCard / Visa and Amex 3.5 % surcharge.
For Safety reasons, the following types of dangerous goods must not be carried in your baggage or hand luggage.
Passengers that are found to be intoxicated will be denied travel and will forfeit their ticket.
The consumption of alcohol is strictly banned within the Fly Tiwi premises, if caught consuming alcohol, tickets will be cancelled and no refund will be issued.
Cancellations may apply within 24 hours of the flights departure.
Terms and Conditions of Travel
These terms and conditions of travel, together with any applicable laws, regulate the relationships between the Company and the Passenger.
The Company is not a common carrier. The Company is its sole and absolute discretion, without giving any reason, may refuse to carry any Passenger and /or baggage and/or goods belonging to the passenger.
Passengers must produce proof of identification and advise the Company of their readiness to depart, at the Company’s check-in counter, at least 1 hour before the scheduled departure time of the flight. The Company at its absolute discretion may forfeit the Passenger’s seat if the Passenger has not checked in by the time specified.
Times of departure and arrival of flights advised the Company to the Passenger are not guaranteed. Often flights are delayed for various reasons and the Passenger acknowledges and accepts that:
- The possibility of a delay is an essential part of air travel;
- The Passenger may miss a connecting flight or other form of transport (whether provided by the Company or by a different carrier or transporter) and/or may suffer some personal, financial or other loss as a result of a delay; and
- The Company at its sole and absolute discretion may cancel, reschedule or delay any flight, or part of a flight, even if confirmation of any booking has been given to the Passenger.
The Company reserves the right to:
- Substitute any aircraft or other means before or after departure of the flight (in which case these terms and conditions apply to any such substituted aircraft or other transport means); and
- Alter or omit any advised stopping place.
- If in the opinion of the Company’s pilot the aircraft for any reason whatsoever cannot be safely landed at any particular airport then passengers intending to disembark at that airport may be landed at the next practicable airport of call. Such passengers are entitled to be taken by the Company to the airport of original destination by the first aircraft on which the Company has space available, or by another carrier nominated by the Company at the Company’s expense.
- The Passenger must not carry or use, either with the Passenger or with the Passenger’s baggage or other goods, any alcoholic liquor, matches, explosives, volatile spirit, weapons, corrosive substances or other goods of a dangerous, inflammable or offensive nature. The Company is entitled to confiscate and destroy, abandon or withhold such items (without any liability to the passenger) & produce them as evidence in any proceedings or inquiry as it considers appropriate.
- The passenger must not enter or remain in any aircraft, and the Passenger consents to being removed physically from any aircraft, when the Company at its sole and absolute discretion decides and informs the Passenger is disturbing, causing annoyance or offence to, or threatening the safety of any other passenger or crew of the Company, or is otherwise is inn breach of:
- Any of these terms and conditions; or
- Any laws, regulations, orders and notifications in force in Australia relating to air transport.
- The Company may arrange with any other person, firm or corporation to undertake the carriage of the Passenger, or service ancillary thereto, including the transportation of the Passenger and the Passenger’s baggage and/or other goods to or from any airport or taking off or landing place.
- Except as required by any applicable law, in no circumstances will the Company be liable for any Loss which;
- A Passenger may incur arising from or as a result of any events occurring as described in clauses 2 -9 inclusive; and
- Any other party who arranged the travel for the Passenger with the Company may incur arising from or as a result of any events occurring as described in clauses 2 – 9 inclusive.
- Passengers are responsible for obtaining all travel documents (including permits) for complying with all laws, regulations, orders and travel requirements of the communities to be flown home from, into or over. The Company will not be liable for the consequences of any passenger’s failure to obtain such documents or to comply with such laws, regulations, orders or requirements.
- O the extent permitted by applicable laws, any liability of the Company for a breach of any provision of the contract of carriage or related obligations will not exceed resupply or the payment of the cost of resupply of the service or goods in question.
- Carriage wholly within Australia, which is not international carriage as defined by the Warsaw Convention, is subject to the provisions of the Civil Aviation (Carrier’s Liability) Act, 1959 as amended, or complementary State legislationThe Company’s liability in respect of the death or injury of any passenger is limited to A $500,000. With respect to baggage, the Company’s liability is limited A$1,600 per passenger for checked baggage, and A$160 per passenger for cabin baggage. Damage sustained to the Passenger’s baggage much be reported to the Company on arrival at the destination. However, in any event, in the case of damage/destroyed baggage it must be reported and shown to any employee or representative of the Company within 7 days of arrival at the destination. Lost baggage must be reported on arrival at the destination and details of the incident in writing must be provided to the Company within 7 days from that date.
- No employee, agent or representative of the Company is entitled to alter or waive these terms and conditions. No alteration or waiver is valid and binding on the Company unless, it is in writing signed by the Company.
- The passenger consents to receiving electronic messages from the carrier containing marketing & promotional material & agrees that the company does not need to include and “unsubscribe” facility in any electronic message sent to the passenger.
- In these terms and conditions;
- Company means Hardy Aviation (NT) Pty Ltd ABN 53 009 651 521 trading as Fly Tiwi, its employees, agents and representatives and ay party with which the Company may be made arrangements pursuant to clause 9;
- Loss means loss, damage, cost or expense, including consequential or indirect loss, loss of profit or loss of opportunity;
- Passenger means the person who is carried on a flight with the Company whether or not that flight departs on time or at all.
Abusive and Threatening Passengers
The Staff at Fly Tiwi will not tolerate any verbal or threatening abuse from passengers, any such action will result in an immediate three (3) month ban from Fly Tiwi and its services. Management reserves the right to ban repeat offenders from Fly Tiwi services indefinitely.
Lost and damaged baggage
We know your baggage is important to you, so we do our best to make sure that you get it back on time and in the condition we received it.
If on arrival you discover that your baggage has been delayed or damaged, please report the mishandling to the Fly Tiwi service desk before leaving the airport. If you want to make a claim, you need to report any mishandling immediately.
If you have any further questions or comments regarding your lost or damaged baggage please refer to our CONTACT US page on our website providing the following information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Booking Reference
If you would like to request a refund please apply via our CONTACT US page on our website 24hrs being the day before departure as soon as possible. You will be required to provide us with the following information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Booking Reference
- Reason for refund
- Supporting documentation if due to illness or bereavement
Once you submit your request, we will consider your circumstances and provide an outcome at our discretion. We will endeavour to process your request within 15 business days and notify you of the outcome on the email address or phone number provided.